Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hypenated Modifiers

I made a kid a bit mad in class.  I can't remember what I said or what the context of the situation was, but he gave me the face.  I started to laugh, and thought to myself, "Oh my gosh, I have to write this down!"  He was not amused by my mirth.

The face to which I refer was a mad face, but not just any mad face.  It deserved this hyphenated modifier:
"Small-mouth, Mad-face".  I said that to the boy...I said, "Oh my goodness, it's the elusive "Small-mouth, Mad-face"!  I was in awe, as this face only reveals itself on a handful of occasions throughout any given school year.  This particular kid had it DOWN!  It was the perfect trifecta...Lips pursed just so, making the tiniest "o"...eyes stitched in, narrowed, irises barely discernible, forehead puckered.  He was indignant, unapproachable, beautiful. 

I am truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you were my teacher way back when. Heck, I wish you were my mom way back then!

    Love your writing and I will continue to follow!

    Thanks for the entertainment, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete