Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hairdos and Hemispheres

OK, my stab at a catchy title.  It’s workin’ for me.
So on my most frazzled days, I pull my hair up in a French Twist and clip it.  My students always think I took a bunch of extra time on my hair on these days (as it actually looks somewhat professional), and often mention how nice it looks.  I find that ironic, as it takes me so much less time to do it than my regular hair. My hair is curly/wavy, and it does what it wants.  With the right product and a little time, I can make it behave, but that’s about it…it has a life of its own, and I am at its disposal most days. 
The reason I bring up hemispheres is that I live in one (I know, don’t we all).  Actually, I live in two.  I live in the northern and the western hemispheres.  That means that this time of year (autumn as I write this) it’s DARK when I get up to go to work.  This is difficult for my sleepy head to get around, and I am constantly challenging myself to try to get out the door on time, as my feet tend to move slowly when it’s dark out.  I want to putter in the morning.  Maybe I should get up at instead of 6, but I honestly think I’d be just as frenzied getting out the door if I were to get myself up early.  I would just waste that time and still have to hurry to make my lunch, pick an outfit, get a shower, feed the dog, check kids’ homework, find my running gear, get the keys and coffee and my book bag and rush to work hoping I don’t get pulled over on the way. 
This is how hairdos relate to hemispheres…who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment