Saturday, September 25, 2010

Funny

I was explaining writing techniques to my seventh graders yesterday.  Humor came up as an effective technique for connecting with one's reader.  I had been looking at spelling words from the kids all morning, and I came across one that made me giggle (I was alone and I giggled).  One of my students had spelled the word "particularly" like this:  PARTICURLY.  I said it out loud and laughed, silently thanking her for not knowing the spelling because I found it so cute the way she phonetically spelled this word.  (By the way, that is a difficult one for some seventh graders).  I shared this story with my class while wearing my tiara and proclaiming myself queen of my classroom.  They have not quite figured me out, but I think they enjoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment